For much of the last decade, the air transport industry has turned to AvFinity for data communications, system monitoring, system integrity and integration into back-end systems.
The key to AvFinity’s rapid ascent as a global data communications solution has been its Open Network approach to aviation communications. Equally important, has been AvFinity’s ability to embed AvFinity patented software technology into a single plug-and-play appliance called ÆON™ AIRS™ or a Virtual Machine called ÆON™ that simplifies the Open Network concept for its users.
In basic terms, ÆON’s two versions power patented software technology to route, manage, analyze, parse, aggregate, format and transmit massive quantities of data between both similar and disparate IT systems. AvFinity makes these products accessible through either an innovative Cisco integrated services router or a VM.
At AvFinity LLC, this same dedication to finding better solutions is why we take each of our customer’s communications needs seriously. From moving airline communications to the Cloud to systems integration and optimizing your communications infrastructure, our team of specialists understands the whys and hows of aviation IT. Our technical knowledge spans telex and Type B legacy communications to NextGen’s CMHP and XML and everything in between. Our decades of aviation industry experience, allow us to provide seamless aviation messaging that flows successfully between airlines and its partners in flight every time.
- Innovative, Powerful Software. The aviation industry is challenged by the need to communicate among multiple partners, each of whom operates with varying levels of technology investment and expertise. Most aviation service providers have attempted to solve this challenge by patching and amending legacy applications over many years, resulting in unstable and unreliable systems. AvFinity has addressed this issue by developing software specifically for the needs of industries like aviation, with tightly written code that communicates with any protocol and converts data to and from any format.
- State-of-the-Art Technology. ÆON™ comes in two versions:
- The ÆON™ AvFinity Integrated Router Solution™ (ÆON™ AIRS™) operates through AvFinity software technology on a Cisco blade server powered by a Cisco Integrated Services Router (ISR). Every AIRS™ unit is backed by the global brand name of Cisco. ISRs have the added benefit of virtualizing a traditional server environment, leading to lower CapEx and OpEx costs as well as a greener datacenter operation.
- The ÆON™ Cloud operates primarily as a Virtual Machine connecting the airline’s communications to a Cloud computing environment. This service provides airlines with on-demand data communications capabilities on the Cloud, reducing the need for the heavy hardware capital investments of the past. AvFinity provides the ÆON™ Cloud solution through best of class partners including Xerox. Importantly for airlines, ÆON™ Cloud enables direct connections that remove the need to use third-party legacy messaging providers.
- Vendor Consolidation. Numerous IT vendor relationships lead to complex IT infrastructures and processes and staggering, unnecessary expense. With ÆON™ AIRS™ and ÆON™ Cloud, AvFinity promotes vendor consolidation by eliminating extraneous direct connections, third-party providers and the need for overlay appliances along with accompanying maintenance and support.
- Knowledge Transfer. Let’s face it – by definition legacy systems are old. And IT personnel who managed once-flourishing aviation technology, like the Type B format, are mostly retired. Today’s IT technicians were trained in an IP environment but must regularly communicate with partners who use legacy technology. AvFinity provides all the knowledge an IT department needs in a single plug-and-play ÆON™ AIRS™ or ÆON™ Cloud unit. AvFinity’s team is available 24/7/365 to provide knowledgeable solutions for all communication protocols and formats.