What It Is
AvFinity designed its ÆON™ Platform to provide the aviation vertical industry with an Open Network embedded into a single device. AvFinity designed this platform to operate within a Cloud computing environment to move control of data communications and connectivity from legacy third-party providers to the airline or aviation company itself.
This was no small undertaking. The air transport industry is rife with legacy technology that must communicate with the most advanced systems. ÆON’s innate feature of linking ancient systems with more modern IT architectures assures vital air transport communications and makes it unique in the industry today.
ÆON’s capacity to monitor the quality and integrity of the data and systems is also unique within aviation. ÆON™ allows airlines and aviation companies to focus on core business processes including managing fuel, employees and passengers, while leaving complex, legacy data communications to the ÆON™ appliance that was designed by the experts at AvFinity.
In effect, AvFinity’s innovative product disrupts the paradigm of closed, proprietary networks based on technology that has its origins in the 1930s the and telex technology. ÆON, by comparison, enables open, flexible communications based on state-of-the-art technology made possible by the Internet age.
What it does
Think of ÆON™ as a network embedded in a single device with not only connectivity but the capability to route, manage, analyze, parse, aggregate, format and transmit massive quantities of data. It makes no difference whether your airline communicates with a similar system or with legacy technology. ÆON™ functions seamlessly between both like and disparate IT systems.
Importantly, ÆON™ facilitates and manages connections to government agencies like the FAA, USCBP, CBSA and NAV-CANADA. AvFinity even guides the airline through the connection process to these agencies, assisting with securing needed memorandum of understanding agreements and coaching the airline through the mandatory testing. Once connected, airlines file flight plans and APIS without going through a third-party provider.
Connections to many vital partners and GDSs also are part of ÆON™ when requested by the airline.
The data experts at AvFinity, whose software technology currently serves more than 60 percent of North America’s regional airlines, created ÆON™. Here’s some other features ÆON™ provides airlines in a Cloud environment:
- Simplifies legacy messaging ensuring a reliable, secure and guaranteed delivery system
- Reduces legacy messaging costs – reduces message handling time
- Manages secure real-time message flow and routing with inline protocol translation and formatting
- Includes a user-managed customization scripting engine for on dynamic changes
- Integrates with back-end systems and messaging handling applications, especially legacy systems
- Functions seamlessly in the airline’s infrastructure with no need to modify existing legacy systems – native code end-to-end management
What’s included in the Core Services?
We have two versions available in our Managed Data Network Service for airlines.
- ÆON™ Cloud, a virtual machine that future-proofs aviation communications through Cloud computing.
- ÆON™ AIRS™, an innovative router-based solution that utilizes a combination of Cloud computing and direct connections.
ÆON™ is available through AvFinity’s global partners including Xerox.