WHY ÆON™ AIRS™?
ÆON™ AIRS™ is AvFinity’s powerful patented software operating on a Cisco blade server inserted into a Cisco Integrated Services Router (ISR). The blade server powers the software independently of the ISR so resources are never shared. ÆON™ AIRS™ embodies server functions in a space-saving, powerful router that:
- virtualizes traditional server architectures
- eliminates multiple overlay appliances
- offers a lower emissions operating environment
From an operations standpoint, ÆON™ AIRS™ can potentially lead to OpEx savings of 60 to 70 percent and CapEx savings of up to 30 percent.
AvFinity’s cost-effective aviation solutions are driven by a philosophy of flexibility, reliability, and robustness. A single AIRS™ box provides all of the following options:
- Flight Plan filing access for FAA’s NADIN II, AFTN, NAV CANADA and EuroControl
- Advance Passenger Information access to government authorities including U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the Canadian Border Services Agency, CARICOM and others, for filing crew and passenger manifests
- NOTAM feeds through the FAA and NAV CANADA that provide world wide NOTAM coverage.
- Weather feeds from the FAA including the Aeronautical Information Data Access Portal (AIDAP) replacement for the legacy FAA604 weather data circuit
- Collaborative Decision Making (CDM) access to the Traffic Flow Management Production Center (TPC)
- Faxing and Telexing capabilities
- Type B AIRS-to-AIRS™ messaging (AvFinity Private Cloud) with no character costs
- Real-time fuel uplift data transmission
- Expediting crew security through TSA checkpoints
- Powering a telephone system for up to 350 workstations
- Camera security system
- Energy efficient tool to manage lights, workstations, PCs, etc.
ÆON™ AIRS™ is the most powerful and efficient communications tool available on the market today. The resulting efficiencies never require changes to be made in the user’s current IT structure as AIRS™ is meant to work with any system—both legacy and modern. In addition, most customers are running within half a day of receiving the AIRS™ unit.
1. Based on Cisco figures for Total Cost of Ownership. ↩