AvFinity has teamed with Xerox to provide a world-class Cloud hosting solution for companies needing enterprise solutions. The Xerox-AvFinity solution is built on the Xerox IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) on-demand Cloud platform. It uses ÆON™ Cloud as a Software as a Service (SaaS) so airlines can share information securely among other airlines, airports and flight authorities. ÆON™ Cloud integrates the airline’s data communication infrastructure into the computing Cloud to provide the benefits of high bandwidth, fast worldwide connectivity, and built-in disaster recovery. Living in the Cloud has its advantages!
ÆON™ Cloud works by setting up a Cloud-based data communication “hub,” which allows all systems to interoperate. ÆON™ Cloud gives an airline the ability to manage, route, manipulate, store, resend, and connect to any system. In this way, AvFinity’s ÆON™ product creates an open but secure network that grants airlines control over their own data communication.
Just imagine being able to have your flight planning messages automatically processed via the ÆON™ Cloud and sent to multiple destination, such as to the FAA, a historical tracking database, and a flight control application. Imagine being able to reformat the message on the fly, translating it into any format needed by the receiving system. Enjoy the efficiency of hooking your data communication in between systems and finding many ways of using those messages to improve your flight planning. With ÆON™ Cloud, all of this is possible.
Benefits of using ÆON™ Cloud
- Acts as a data communications hub, giving you control over the data communication.
- Allows for messages to be managed to benefit the company’s requirements.
- Message traffic can be re-routed as needed
- Messages can be re-formatted on the fly, allowing easy system interconnectivity
- All message traffic can be monitored, allowing for easy diagnosis of problems
- Message traffic can be split into multiple channels for delivery to different destinations. Each destination can have the messages configured for it as well.
- Connects all data communication via the high-speed redundant connections of the Xerox Cloud data centers.
- Allows for company-specific access to government agencies like the FAA, US CBP, or CBSA. No need to use a third party for access any more.
- Also allows for company-specific access to outside vendors, such as Travelport or HP Shares. Again, no need for a third party’s help.
- The Cloud gives the overall platform data redundancy due to its use of Virtual Machines to run the software. Should one Virtual Machine encounter problems, a new one can be started up to fix the issue.
- The Cloud also gives more disaster recovery options. The Cloud has redundant connections and can be configured to even have complete backups in different geographic locations. It’s the ultimate in data communication protection.
The Confidence of Working with World-Class Providers
For more than two decades, Xerox has helped global enterprise clients build and manage their IT infrastructures. As technology has evolved, so has Xerox, leading the way in secure Cloud service offerings and solutions to meet the changing needs of today’s companies and organizations.
Likewise, the data experts at AvFinity currently serve more than 60 percent of North America’s regional airlines. By blending Xerox’s Cloud capabilities with the data expertise of AvFinity, airlines can feel confident that they have found a reliable solution that solves their communication issues…,and at costs much lower than maintaining existing mainframe systems.
ÆON™ AIRS™ is a simple plug-and-play box that transfers to your airline all the knowledge needed to connect to vital government and private partners, route, format and manage messages, integrate into back-end office systems, monitor systems, provide systems integrity and link legacy and modern IT systems.
ÆON™ AIRS™ is AvFinity’s software technology running on a Cisco Integrated Services Router within a Cloud computing environment. ÆON™ AIRS™ is specifically developed to handle the multiple needs of aviation communications, eliminating the need for managing multiple vendors and contracts. Customers find great value in AIRS™ not only for its powerful software technology but also because the hardware is backed by Cisco, ranked as one of the world’s leading IT providers. That brand name translates into hardware reliability and security for our customers.
With ÆON™ AIRS™, the AvFinity Integrated Router Solution™, aviation users benefit from:
- More than a century of knowledge about how aviation communications impact all operational functions involving terrestrial messaging. This solution helps aviation bridge legacy hardware and applications with modern IT.
- Powerful patented software technology that anticipates and solves every communication problem that may occur in connecting to multiple partners. The result is seamless back-end integration, assured message delivery, constant real-time data transfer and state-of-the-art data security.
- Lower costs of operation through connectivity features that eliminate multiple dedicated circuits. That benefit leads to juggling fewer vendors while economizing management of multiple contracts.
- Hardware backed by the global presence of Cisco, whose brand has become synonymous with productivity improvements. AvFinity is a Registered Cisco Developer and a member of the Cisco Development Network.